Your Africa Gift Catalog is here
February 29, 2012
Because you ask....
Don't wait til Christmas...
Fulfill your calling to world missions in 2012. Help African native missionaries build the kingdom of God through indigenous ministries all year round.
Every year, billions of dollars pour into Africa from governments, humanitarian organizations and even traditional missionary organizations. But where does it go?
I've traveled in Africa since January 1993, yet I have seen little in the way of alleviation of poverty and disease; improved roads, housing or general living conditions; schools; medical facilities; provision of clean water; or sustainable projects such as agricultural projects or irrigation systems.
With one exception: where Christian Aid has been able to fund native missionary projects.
What is the difference? We are not just trying to meet needs that are obvious through hiring people and funding projects. And we do not direct the work of these men of God.
Rather, the Lord leads us to them in the field, already working in their own nations to reach remote areas where people have never heard the gospel and are living in unimaginable poverty, both physically and spiritually. My work is to find and evaluate them, then make their work known in order to try to raise prayer and financial support for THEIR vision to help their own people.
As the Lord provides the answers to their prayers to build his kingdom, lives and communities are transformed both physically and spiritually through your giving to Christian Aid:
- Thousands of children, such as the girl shown above, have been rescued and redeemed from abandonment, poverty and even slavery.
- Cars, 4-wheel drive vehicles, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, horses and camels provided to native missionaries have exponentially increased the fruit of evangelism and discipleship for church planters among unreached tribes.
- Thousands of poor believers and inquirers have received Bibles and teaching materials.
- Agricultural projects, small businesses, wells, Christian schools, literacy training, medical education and clinics have provided support as well as open doors for the gospel for indigenous ministries.
- Indigenous Schools of Missions built and sustained with funds supplied by your gifts have trained thousands of native missionaries doing effective work on the field.
These are a few examples of what your gifts have done.
Visit our Africa Gift Catalog by clicking here.
May the Lord bless you as you seek to reach the lost through empowering native missionaries already doing the job with the few resources they have.
Blessings in Him,
Christian Aid Mission