New Testaments and Bible Story Books for Syria
As missionaries with Paul's Mission observe the fighting, war and killing in Syria, they conclude that only the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is powerful enough to change the ugliness of the heart of depraved mankind. So they are continuing to share the gospel that the Apostle Paul declared was “the power of God unto salvation” (Romans 1:16). They know that their beloved country will not know peace until Jesus Christ rules in the hearts of her citizens.
Paul’s Mission has five fulltime missionaries, sharing the gospel and giving out New Testaments ($4.50 each), children’s Bible story books ($3.50 each) and tracts ($0.25 each). The missionaries share the gospel and give out 400 of these each day. They observe that Syrians are seeking for the God they do not find in Islam. So far they have planted 15 churches.
Syria is a dangerous place to be. And it is especially dangerous for Christians if certain people see them evangelizing. Generally, if what they are doing is not viewed as political, they are quite safe.
One barrier they face is that people are afraid of opening their doors. They have no idea of the intent of the one knocking. So often, the initial contact is merely leaving the New Testament, children’s Bible story book and tracts in a bag on the door and praying that those inside will read the material and contact the ministry listed on the material.
What will the recipients do with the children’s Bible story book if there are no children in the home? The adults will likely read it before they read the New Testament!!!
Is it discouraging for the missionaries to have to leave the materials on the door and not begin a conversation about the gospel? Yes, in a sense. But they have little other option. They must pray that God will move people to contact them. But having this literature is not a bad thing. As these people fear for their lives hiding inside their homes, having already had friends and family killed, reading God’s Word is a good situation for God’s Spirit to show them their need of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the thousands of Syrians who are holed up in their homes, reading the words of Christ that will give them eternal life.
- Pray for protection and boldness for the missionaries and that they will be led of the Lord in distributing materials.
- Pray for the missionaries as they follow up those who want to talk to them. Pray that they will be protected from those who deviously contact them for the purpose of doing them harm.
- The people of Syria need help. The best help is showing them the way to eternal life. Pray that Syrians will turn to the Lord Jesus Christ.
You can help by donating to this ministry so they can provide:
- Arabic New Testaments: $4.50 ea.
- Children's Bible story books: $3.50 ea.
- Tracts: 25¢
Project Status Update
There are not yet any status updates available for this project.
How you can get involved: